Thursday, July 2, 2015

My Dad's Celebration of Life Party

June 28, 2015

Today we had a Celebration of Life Party for my father, Lee Johnson.  My Aunt Janet and Uncle Gary (my father's younger brother)  hosted the event. They are so kind to hold this party and have gone to a lot of work in preparation, getting their yard ready, arranging for food and catering. My cousin Krissy was here and was planting flowers. Cousin Sue has also helped a lot.  We are so grateful for their kindness and generosity.

My father, Lee and stepmom, Nan
Lee  June 17, 1932 to February 3, 2015


It was a great party, with wonderful stories told about my Dad, good conversation, reconnecting with people and fabulous food.  We all loved the Ola and Sven stories, but no one could tell them like my Dad with all the accents included!


Krissy, Sue, Melanie, Libby and Jodi

Jodi with nephew Hunter

Reid, Jodi and Mark

Tom, nephew Quinton, and sister Melanie

Brother Reid and Aunt Janet

Nan

Dad's brother Gary
Dad's friends

Great food!

Gary's beautiful rose, he has a whole garden of these beauties


No comments:

Post a Comment