Sunday, July 19, 2015

Home again!




Wednesday, July 15
Day 99
Although Jack really wanted to be gone 100 days, I reminded him that we still need to go to Safeco, so we would indeed be on our road trip for 100 days. We drove 10 1/2 hours today from Jerome, Idaho to home. It was our longest day on the road, about 600 miles. I know people travel further than that in a day but for me, this is all I would ever want to sit in a car! Although traffic in Atlanta, Houston and on the 95 headed to Boston were bad, none of it was worse than the stretch of bumper to bumper traffic we hit from highway 18 onto I-5 and home. We ended up exiting the freeway and driving highway 99. CRAZY! My heart goes out to anyone who has a long commute to work everyday on I-5.

It is great to get home. Everything looks great except for my flower pots that I do not have on a drip system. I lost quite a few plants in pots but everything else survived thanks to Manuel mowing our lawn, occasionally weeding and the prep work we did with coffee burlap bags, mulch and preen. There are even blackberries, blueberries and rhubarb ready for harvest. How nice.

Oh, and did I mention how nice it was to sleep in my own bed?


I am really excited to see family and friends and we will get busy on this soon! Thanks for all my faithful readers! I plan on posting a few more things along the way. I have grown fond of blogging and will definitely have a few more things to say as well as writing about Safeco and giving final statistics about our trip. For today, I want to post a few pictures I have taken along the way that may not have been posted but made me laugh,made me think or made me cry.



Crazy Royals fan
Crazy Oakland A's fan

This was in the lap of the man above.  Celebrating all good men like my step-dad and husband
who still treasure the things of the past.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!




Homeless sadness

Homeless desperation




No comments:

Post a Comment